be free

Be peace ☮ Be love ♥ Be free

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Give Back Cincinnati: Back to School Event

Give Back Cincinnati is a network of young (18-35) people, who engage in the city and surrounding communities through volunteer efforts. I have volunteered alongside this group many times before, but the Back to School event was my first "real" Give Back Cincinnati event.

Along with about 100 other volunteers, I helped paint the teachers lounge, stairway, hallways, and other spaces at the four Newport Public Schools. The event was well organized, provided breakfast, lunch and wrapped up around 2pm (8:30am start time). An after party at the Hofbrauhaus followed which served as a good time to meet other people and plan for future events. (we also got a free appetizer there!)

My experience was great. I helped paint the teachers lounge in the Newport Intermediate School (near Newport on the Levee). The room was a bit overwhelming at first, but once the paint was poured and the music was rocking, the day flew by. We were done before we knew it and I think it looked a lot better!




I met some new friends, and even ran into some old ones! The whole day was a lot of fun, and I definitely plan to attend more Give Back Cincinnati events! So, if you are looking for a fun volunteer opportunity in the Cincinnati area, check out GiveBackCincinnati.org. Hope to see you at an event soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment