be free

Be peace ☮ Be love ♥ Be free

Friday, February 10, 2012

Hypocrite? Dad uses Facebook to teach daughter a lesson.


Alright... I heard about this on the radio earlier today, and now it's all over my Facebook news feed. Many are posting "God Bless", "FTW" etc... so I'm sure I'll get some disagreement/backlash for this.

(And obviously I am not a parent who deals with this kind of thing...but...)

First, I think the big picture this guy is "hinting" at, is correct. But how immature is this delivery? He's doing the exact same thing his daughter did. Hypocrite.

Second, how did it get this bad? Where is the disconnect between you and your kid that she feels the need to post something like this on Facebook?

Finally, using agression to show your authority over a child is not acting out of love. Children need discipline out of love, not anger.

There's your parenting advice from the non parent! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment