be free

Be peace ☮ Be love ♥ Be free

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

29 and feelin' fine.


I'm a bit late in getting around to my annual birthday blog this year.

my. life. is. busy.

With the big 3-0 right around the corner, it feels like I should set some goals about things I'd like to accomplish before next year's milestone... but first I want to reflect on the fun things I've done this past year:

Enjoyed my first music festival [Bunbury] right here in Cincy. There's really nothing better than live music outside in the summertime... next to the river. Loved it, and can't wait to go again this year! 

Got to spend some time at Erin's lakehouse with her family... and traveled with them to Cleveland to watch Nuisance play.

Attended my 10 year high school reunion... which made high school feel like it was both yesterday and a lifetime ago.
Went camping in Alabama for what turned out to be one of the coldest nights of my life. (right up there with when I slept in my down coat in a trailer in Venice during Mardi Gras).  
Voted in my second presidential election. (I couldn't vote in 2008 because I was in between moving states). I drove to see MxPx in Cleveland that day and I'm SO glad I was at a punk show on election day.

Traveled to New Orleans for the first time to visit my sister and nephew. I loved exploring a new city and got to cross "beignets at Cafe du Monde" off my bucket list. Oh, and I got to enjoy a drive-thru margarita! That was pretty fun.

Rang in the New Year in Cumberland with Erin [and about 20 teenagers].

Watched my best friend and her hubby welcome their sweet son into the world.

Finally got see The Beach Boys live, and to make that even better, John Stamos played with them and he sang "Forever". The 8 year old girl in me was ridiculously happy.
I've made a lot of new friends this past year and even connected with a few old ones. Oh.... and I kinda learned how to draw [finally]... and started to practice piano again. 
The day of my birthday... I went to see The Lumineers and Cold War Kids with a few friends at Riverbend. It was an absolutely gorgeous night and since watching live music is pretty much my favorite thing to do, it was a great way to start my 30th year.

On a more personal note... I'm very grateful that I've found more like minded people to connect with online and in real life... people who value themselves and others and really want to make a difference in this world.

I've gone through quite the transformation these past few years as I evolve my thinking and faith. Right now goals for before turning the big 30 are:
... to find ways to help advance the liberty movement. The journalism degree in me aches to share information! While online activism is great, I want to really help.... somewhere, somehow.

... and to continue to be myself and speak from my heart. A lot of things that happen these days leave me absolutely heartbroken, and to feel it so physically is to feel a calling... to be the change I wish to see. 

This life is good. Thanks for reading!! Peace & Love.


Read posts from my 25th, 26th, 27th, and 28th birthdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment