be free

Be peace ☮ Be love ♥ Be free

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Fun. [is an understatement.]


I just got done writing a review of this show for Ticketmaster, so I thought I'd write a blog while it's all fresh in my mind. The Fun show goes down on my list of the top 10 best shows ever (and I've seen hundreds, upon hundreds of live shows). It was SO much fun. I actually ended up going by myself as it sold out quickly and none of my friends were able to get in. Next time I'll be sure to buy some extra tickets so I can make sure my friends get to experience this!

The energy that filled the room was incredible. From the second Fun stepped out on the stage, the whole room shifted into a contagious vibe of happiness. People couldn't help but to dance and sing along to every word. This was my first time seeing Fun live, and while I was nervous about all the harmony and fun auto-tuned parts on the new album, they did a great job translating those songs to the live show. Nate harmonized with the audience a few times, and made each song unique for the live set without taking away from the original elements of the song. I was so impressed with this show, I cannot wait to see Fun live again! If you ever get a chance to see this band, don't miss it :)

My favorite moment was listening to "At Least I'm Not As Sad" live. This is the song that got me into this band, and I've been waiting for years to hear it in person. It was amazing.

Here is some video that I took and edited on my iPhone... I'll be watching this regularly until I get to see them again! Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment