be free

Be peace ☮ Be love ♥ Be free

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

this is where we used to live...

Well, it's safe to say I've abandoned blogging for the time being.

However, writing is an outlet for me. I can only type so many "journal entries" on my laptop before I sound like a broken record. At least if I publish my random thoughts online, someone can hold me accountable...which makes me a lot less likely to repeat the same mistake over and over... you know, for eternity.

Tonight I found out, that the home I lived next to in LA, burned down... in the recent arson attacks. The home belonged to Jim Morrison. The home was not only historical and beautiful, it was inspirational. It gave off vibes that only "homes-of-former-legends" can give off. I'll never forget the first time I stepped foot in the house and felt the presence of Jim Morrison... decades after he had passed. It was the same feeling I had when I visited his grave. It was a connection... with a missed decade, a time I feel I should have lived in. I don't know what is so alluring about Jim Morrison's time, but there is something romantic... something inspiring, something monumental.

I'm all about living in the present moment, but sometimes I can't deny the feeling that I also live in a past-present... a simpler time. Who knows, maybe I live in both. Life never ceases to amaze me...one minute I'm standing at Jim Morrison's grave in Paris and the next I'm living next door to where he used to live in Los Angeles. (ok, there were like 3 years in between)... But, there is never a dull moment in this life. Ever. Today I'm sad that some idiot ruined this place.

Video of Jim Morrison's house, post-fire. 

Article about the fire and damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment