be free

Be peace ☮ Be love ♥ Be free

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Stay(ing) Strong

Crossroads, the church I attend has what they call "all church journeys". Basically everyone in the church is encouraged to get into a small group of 6-12 people, attend the weekend service, complete tasks on your own and then meet with the group to discuss. I did my first journey back in the Spring of 2010 and this year I've decided to host a small group at my place! This year's journey is called the Strong Challenge. There are over 50 churches in the city and 50,000 people participating! It's a 20 minutes a day, 5 days a week commitment to complete challenges that will bring us closer to God. Here's my challenge today (you can pick which ones you want to do from a selection of 9 challenges).
REST FROM WORRY Spend a whole day free from the burden of worry. Keep this card with you today, and whenever you get anxious or uneasy, read and take comfort in this verse: What I'm trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving. People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. (Matthew 6: 31-33). WHY? Putting your trust in God on a daily basis frees you from the wasted energy of worrying.
So today, I'll be carrying this card with me. I'll set it at my desk. I'll read it on my iPhone while I take a walk and I'll do whatever it takes to not worry. I feel relieved all ready!! p.s. if you are interested in completing some of these challenges yourself, they are all listed here: http://www.strongchallenge.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment