be free

Be peace ☮ Be love ♥ Be free

Monday, January 25, 2010

Are you kidding me?

This morning my neighbor asked me if I would mind taking her trash out tomorrow because she was leaving on vacation. I immediately said "no"...and she just looked at me weird. I quickly followed it with a "no, I don't mind, I will definitely take your trash out".

I don't think I have many pet peeves. I definitely I have a grammar pet peeve and apparently a proper-use-of-expressions pet peeve.

I can't stand it when people say "I could care less" meaning they don't care at all. I believe the right thing to say is "I could not care less" meaning, you care so little, you really could not care any less. Am I right?

Another one that bugs me is when someone is kidding or being sarcastic. I hate when I ask someone "are you kidding?" or "are you being sarcastic?" and they say yes. meaning no. ugh. If I asked "are you serious?" then yes would be appropriate. Get it?

I know these things aren't that important in life, but they bug me. Now you know. When I ask if you are joking, you better be joking if your is answer yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment