be free

Be peace ☮ Be love ♥ Be free

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Story Of My Life


Tomorrow night....

I am seeing Social Distortion live for the first time ever.  Every time they have been in town, I've missed it for one big reason or another (first night at new job, etc).  They are definitely one of my top five favorite bands and their music has been a part of my life for a long time...

Social D always sounds great...it goes perfectly with a mellow mood and perfectly with a not-so-mellow mood.  It always makes me happy.  I can always relate.  I never feel the need to say "eh, I'm not in the mood to listen to that" because I always want to listen to Social D.  (There are NOT many bands in my collection that I feel this way about).

Listening to Reach for the Sky takes me back to a train in Europe like I was on it yesterday.  It was then I realized how this was one of my all time favorite songs and I think I listened to it at least 20 times in a row that night. (I tend to do that with songs I love...I could listen to it 20 times in a row right now, and probably will).  I really hope they play it tomorrow....

I cannot wait to see them at Bogart's.  I love Bogart's.  It always has been, and always be, my favorite shithole.  

Yep, it's pretty much the Story Of My Life.



tags: bogarts, cincinnati, Posts About Music, reach for the sky, social d, social distortion, story of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment